[mythtv-users] Dodgey listing data from Radio Times UK, any other UK users seeing this?

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 22:59:58 UTC 2011

> Yes, true, I have been using EIT for the past few years on Myth, but wanted
> to try out XMLTV data on my new build, 14 days of listings, been
> descriptions for programmes, subtitles for programmes that previously had
> none, proper categories for programmes that never had one etc etc.  But, as
> you say, XMLTV is a major hassle to set up, good to go through the process
> though, even if I do not use it in the long run.

Didn't realise they gave 14 days, but i have played with using xmltv
and it was a pain! so for me 7 days will do, and am now getting EIT
from freesat for the HD channels after playing about to get it
working, freeview for SD content.

I setup port forwarding on my router (mythweb password protected from
internet) so i can remotely schedule recordings if am away from home
longer than 7 days...

And sorry for hijacking your question!