[mythtv-users] Where to find Myth Setup Information?

mark Deneen mdeneen9000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:40:28 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Another Sillyname <
anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 9 January 2011 16:57, mark Deneen <mdeneen9000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The Setup program has hundreds of parameters. Very few have any
> meaningful
> > explanation. I see myriad resources for learning how to compile Myth
> > software, but I have yet to find an instruction on how to set it up. Is
> > there any kind of PDF manual or online docs for the SETUP?

> Which version of Unix are you running?

Ubuntu 10.10
What I installed was referred to as "Mythbuntu."
FYI. So far, absolutely nothing works except I have a menu on screen which
does nothing. I can't watch TV, I can't play a DVD, I can't get the weather,
I can't get the Hauppage remote to work - nothing. I've been installing
applications on computers since about 1982 and never have seen anything like
this. Well, it's not actually an application is it? It's a programmer's lego
kit, or something?

The menu makes it look like it would do a lot.