[mythtv-users] Building new Mythtv Box

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Jan 11 03:54:30 UTC 2011

I agree with others who say the C2D is more than capable of
simultaneous record, playback, commflagging, etc. I was never
dissatisfied with the performance of mine, with one exception: BluRay
playback. It seems mythtv (or at least under 0.22) could only utilize
multiple cores if the BluRay video was encoded with slices. If it was,
it would play back perfectly. Otherwise, one core would sit idle while
the other core was overloaded, and the video would pause briefly every
few seconds.

--
Ron