[mythtv-users] Building new Mythtv Box

David Liana dliana.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:35:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/11/11 7:57 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> >
> > 260 drivers are crap
>

> I've read this a few places, but I'm running 260.19.29 on my ION
> platform and it seems to work quite well.
>
> Are there any specifics as to what's bad about the 260 drivers?  Perhaps
> it has to do with the hardware configuration and features used?

Well, for one thing, ity caused a regression for some people.

I had to create custom modelines to get my ION to play nice with my TV.  It
seems the way they are handling EDID now to create a resolution list is
buggy.  I know several people on the NV News forums ran into this issue.

Everything up through the 195 series seemed to detect everything fine - and
I needed nothing custom as far as resolutions, refresh rates, etc.  I could
take a default xorg.conf file and have everything pretty much just work.