[mythtv-users] Building new Mythtv Box

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Jan 11 16:59:51 UTC 2011

On 11 Jan 2011, at 16:27, Will Dormann wrote:

> On 1/11/11 7:57 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>>
>> 260 drivers are crap
>

> I've read this a few places, but I'm running 260.19.29 on my ION
> platform and it seems to work quite well.
>
> Are there any specifics as to what's bad about the 260 drivers?  Perhaps
> it has to do with the hardware configuration and features used?

I get a flickering screen for 30+ sec at seemingly random intervals, in Myth Themes also in Gnome Desktop but less frequent and less flickery :-P

Myth crashes requiring a hard reset while playing HD content, happens once every two hours on average, this was with 260.19.21 on a GT220, The Gnome desktop problems are with a 7600, don't remember exactly which one. My 9500GT seems ok but I don't work that especially hard, of course all are running v256 drivers now.

It does have a new option to run the display in YUV (YCrCb) mode which gives me subtly better image quality, in between crashes...

Andre