[mythtv-users] Jamu question

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:05:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:
> On 11-01-11 02:58 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> Why is jamu trying to use the ~nick/.mythtv directories (which do not
>> exist, nor do I want them to) and not the storage groups?
>
> Nick,
>    Jamu is using the storage groups you have set up. Jamu will use a
> combination of local directories and storage groups if they are available
> although I do not recommend that. This is a WARNING message that the image
> and video directories Jamu has found in the Mythtv database do not exist on
> the backend machine.
>
> To get rid of the warnings, in your case, remove the "/home/nick/.mythtv"
> image and video directories from your front end settings. To know what
> directories Jamu will use for processing run this command from a terminal
> session:
>> ./jamu.py -MVf
>
> The directories Jamu will use are printed at the very beginning of the
> output from that command.

Thanks for your help Doug.

I am now having the following output from jamu, can you help?:

version info: Title: (JAMU - Just.Another.Metadata.Utility); Version:
(v0.7.7); Author: (R.D.Vaughan)

mythtv at media:~$ /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -MVf

Listed below are the types and base directories Jamu will use for processing.
The list reflects your current configuration for the 'media' back end
and whether a directory is a 'SG' (storage group) or not.
Note: All directories are from settings in the MythDB specific to
hostname (media).
Note: Screenshot directories are not listed as Jamu does not process
Screenshots.
Type: Fan art     - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/videos1/fanart)
Type: Video       - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/videos1/videos)
Type: Cover art   - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/videos1/coverart)
Type: Banners     - SG-YES - Directory: (/mnt/videos1/banners)
If a directory you set from a separate Front end is not displayed it means
that the directory is not accessible from this backend OR
you must add the missing directories using the Front end on this Back end.
Front end settings are host machine specific.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 6422, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 6398, in main
    configuration.validate_setVariables(['FAKE SERIES NAME','FAKE
EPISODE NAME'])
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 1731, in
validate_setVariables
    self._getMythtvDirectories()
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 1606, in
_getMythtvDirectories
    if self._checkNFS(self.config['mythvideo'], self.config['video_file_exts']):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 1440, in _checkNFS
    file_list = _getFileList([directory])
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 675, in _getFileList
    new_files = _getFileList([video_file])
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 675, in _getFileList
    new_files = _getFileList([video_file])
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py", line 668, in _getFileList
    names.append(os.path.join(directory, filename))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/posixpath.py", line 70, in join
    path += '/' + b
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc8 in position
6: ordinal not in range(128)