[mythtv-users] Can't seem to permanently delete channels

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Jan 12 11:48:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, sorry, I had figured you were already aware that the visible flag
> does not affect LiveTV which makes it not the way to do this,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/466705#466705

You have to pick your poison here.

Either you use the visible flag, and just make sure to avoid these
channels manually when using LiveTV (which most of us don't use much
anyway), or you need to configure mythfilldatabases to not add new
channels.  Either way you lose something.

This is one area where mythtv could be better.

Eric