[mythtv-users] Can't seem to permanently delete channels

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jan 13 03:20:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 01/12/2011 03:46 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> That doesn't really add much to the discussion beyond stating that
>> this is a known issue.
>
> No, it states that it's a known fact that it was designed this way, and that
> it will not be changed without discussion--which I thought important since
> people were talking about, "until someone decides to code that up."

Sorry, I thought that was understood.  Maybe not.

In any case, what would be great for someone to code up is a viable
solution for dealing with channels that aren't available on all
tuners.  (One that doesn't take away the visible feature as it is now,
allows new channels to be automatically added, and won't generate
failed recordings or attempts to tune to untunable channels in
LiveTV.)

Eric