[mythtv-users] Where to find Myth Setup Information?

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Thu Jan 13 07:09:23 UTC 2011

I just wanted to pipe in with a bit of $0.02.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 01:08, mark Deneen <mdeneen9000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's look at the opening paragraph on the MythTV home page: *"MythTV is a
> Free Open Source software digital video recorder (DVR) project*

...and perhaps I can stop quoting right there (emphasis mine).  One only
needs to distinguish the term "project" from "product" to clear up this one,
I think.  The OP used the term "product" repeatedly in his posts, and I
think therein lies the misunderstanding.

Those expecting a "project" are in for good times.  Those expecting a
"product" are almost certainly not.  Since MythTV doesn't claim to be the
latter (because it isn't), I find no bad faith anywhere.  Just a
misunderstanding, and inappropriate expectations.

Perhaps we can quickly set straight future misguided complaints by pointing
out this important point of diction upon receipt.

$0.02 as advertised,
EW