[mythtv-users] Command to test if there's a seektable?

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Thu Jan 13 15:05:12 UTC 2011

Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I know how to rebuild a seektable if it isn't there, but is there a
> simple way to check if the seektable exists.
>
> For example, if I try to edit a recording and the seektable isn't
> there it tells me, but I'd like to be able to write a script that
> tests each recording for a seektable and then rebuilds it if it
> doesn't exist.  The second part is easy, but I can see how to check
> for the seektable.

There is a table in the database called "recordedseek".  First you have
to get both the "chanid" and "starttime" for the recording of interest.
Once you have those, you can do:

SELECT COUNT(mark) FROM recordedseek WHERE chanid=? AND starttime=?

If the result is zero, then there is no seek table.

Bob