[mythtv-users] DTS sound is cracking on some videos

Daniel Herrmann daniel.herrmann1 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 13 17:26:49 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I', currently using version "fixes/0.24 (v0.24-104-g2394a9d).

I have mythtv configured to passthrough the audio digitaly:

Device:        ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
Dolby:        checked
DTS:        checked
Speaker:    5.1

Advanced audio settings untouched and internal volume control is disabled.

After upgrading to 0.24, the sound of some video files is cracking while
playing them. All of them are DTS Tracks, but there are also some other
tracks with DTS which work fine. I found another Thread here, where
another one hat a similar problem, and he found out, that it only cracks
with 1.5mbps or above. I dont have too much of DTS-Videos, but i can
confirm this. Anyway, i found no solution there... following my apt, i
have the newest version (which one, see above)

Playing the same Video with smplayer (also DTS passthrough, the receiver
shows the DTS light in both cases) works completly well.

The Video is played flawlesly, but the audio is stuttering.

Any ideas, where this comes from? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Herrmann