[mythtv-users] will this TV work for me?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jan 13 22:32:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> I am wanting to replace my Mythbox's 17" CRT monitor with one of these TVs:
>
>  http://www.dynexproducts.com/products/televisions/DX-22L150A11.html
>
> It's Best Buy's house brand.
>
> It has a VGA input, which is all I have for output from my nVidia 6200
> card, and the specs seem to indicate the TV will take what my card is
> putting out to the CRT already.

Stupid question: Do you really need a TV?

Generally an LCD monitor will be cheaper than an LCD TV.  Compare that
TV with something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236079

It's an inch bigger, has a higher resolution, and costs less.  All it
lacks is a remote and tuner, but if you don't need those, it doesn't
make sense to pay for them.

Eric