[mythtv-users] Distorted sound from 6ch AC3 in HD3000 recordings

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Fri Jan 14 22:27:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 02:44, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> Clip plays with no issues via 0.23.1's MythVideo; beyond what the
> receiver's LCD display stated, I verified that the S/PDIF audio track
> was passed through by attempting to "Toggle Audio Upmixer."

Thanks for testing and for the data point.

Turns out, on this frontend (mythtv-0.24-104, intel-hda stereo analog out),
I needed to set:

Setup
  General
    Audio System
      Advanced audio configuration
        Override SRC quality = 1
        Sample rate conversion = Disabled

...in order to get the crackling to stop on my HD recordings with 6ch AC3.
Sounds great now.

Thanks,
EW