[mythtv-users] FC14, lirc_mod_mce, MS MCE Keyboard. Anybody have this working?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jan 15 03:03:20 UTC 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Brian Kirkman wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  I was trying to compile manually, but I took
> your advice and went the dkms route.  It compiles fine, and when I
> blacklist mceusb as mentioned, lirc_mod_mce loads fine, too, as shown in
> dmesg.  Unfortunately, irw shows nothing, and I'm grasping at straws.  I
> am using the default lirc.conf for the mceusb remote.  I also made the
> REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_mod_mce" change to /etc/sysconfig/lirc and tried with
> and without the flag, both to no avail.  Lircd starts at bootup as usual
> and can be restarted without any errors.

What do you see in dmesg after loading up lirc_mod_mce the first time?
Could be that its not binding to your hardware, might not have as complete
a list of supported devices. Does /dev/lirc0 exist?

> One thing I have noticed is that
> mceusb will create a /sys/class/rc0 directory whereas lirc_mod_mce will
> not.

That's expected. Those bits only show up on drivers written to the new
rc-core interfaces, which lirc_mod_mce is not.

> I hate to be the guy to post to the list saying, "Please Help"
> without any concrete info, but I don't know where else to check or if
> there's a log to look at.  Are there any other configurations that need to
> be modified that you know of?

None that I know of, but I'm not intimately familiar with that driver.

> Does the "default" lirc driver have to be
> explicitly defined somewhere?

No.

--
Jarod Wilson