[mythtv-users] Harmony remote (as Antec RM-200) generating keypress on down and up

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 23:02:16 UTC 2011

> I am convinced the setting I need is in the Harmony software, but I can't
> find a way to get a single keypress to be a single event, always a down and
> up event.
> Anyone else see this? Or more importantly, know how to fix it? I have tried
> configuring the remote as a PVR-350 and an MCE-USB with the harmony
> software, but am having even bigger problems (which I assume are related to
> my IR receiver). The receiver is part of a Silverstone case that came with a
> RM-200 remote.

Am pretty sure in the harmony remote software you can set the repeat
key, think it will be a stupid setting but am sure under an advanced
setting you'll find the key repeats, I know on mine I can set inter
key timeout and device switch timeout etc.

where you see the number increasing

000000002a8115b7 01 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf
000000002a8115b7 02 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf
000000002a8115b7 03 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf
000000002a8115b7 04 KEY_PLAY /tmp/lircd.rm200.conf

you should be able to use repeat = x and this will remove the repeat
key presses.

I have to say I dont have this issue with my harmony tho, mine is the
880 if this is any help.

Mine is set to emulate windows media pc remote for the pc.

regards,

si