[mythtv-users] Harmony remote (as Antec RM-200) generating keypress on down and up

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 03:07:49 UTC 2011

In looking through some of the sample lircd.conf files under
/usr/share/lirc/remotes/imon i note that some of the RM-200s are detected
as: bits   64
When I do irrecord, it detects the remote as: bits 32
Could this be the issue? If so, how do I tell irrecord that it should be
bits 64 and have it create a file from that?

OR

I also notice a comment in the file for a couple of keys that says things
like "# MouseKeyboard also spews 0100007f between press and release..."
Do I need something to capture the second code it is spewing when I
release??

I am struggling to understand what it is about these files that captures the
extra info thrown by these additional codes and ignores it?

I have tried using these lircd.conf files and they don't work (at least irw
doesn;t show keypresses when they are used).

Thanks

Robin