[mythtv-users] Satellite STB

Kristofer Pettijohn kristofer at cybernetik.net
Sun Jan 16 18:35:25 UTC 2011

> The Hauppauge HD-PVR is the only currently supported device that can capture HD video from a STB.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR

Great, thank you.

It looks like it connects to the computer using USB 2.0, is that correct?
So it shouldn't be a problem to connect three of them to a single backend, and then I can just build a system that has a load of USB 2.0 ports, and not worry about PCI slots?

> One nice thing about Directv STBs, is that you can control the channel change via it's USB port. Some
> people have also had success changing the channels via HTTP to the Directv STB, but that does not work
> on my H20 or H21.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_(STB)_via_USB_or_Serial
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_(STB)_via_Network

Interesting. I will have to look in to that.

Thanks for the info!