[mythtv-users] Back-to-back recordings

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Jan 16 18:58:36 UTC 2011

On 01/16/2011 05:58 AM, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2011-01-16, at 8:16 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately programs sometimes overrun, so that the end of a film sometimes ends up in the next recording.
>> Is there an easy way to navigate to whichever show was recorded after the one I was just watching?
> Take a look at the "All Recordings" group which is organized by time.
>
> There's a better option if you're recording from a DVB card or an HDHR - multirec. When you have back to back recordings you can get it to record to both files during their overlap period.
>
> In brief, from the setup program you add a second, "virtual," tuner for your physical one and tell the scheduler to avoid putting back to back recordings on the same device. Tuner config is in mythtv-setup and scheduler options are in the frontend setup menus.
>
> - George
Multi-rec works great for digital tuners, but I must specify the hard extra recording time, not the soft extra recording time.
The soft extra recording time will get deleted on back to back recordings even if there are enough tuners to do an overlapped
recording.

Does this work for single stream tuners? (eg HDPVR or analog tuners?) I'm not sure you can specify any multi-rec tuners for them.