[mythtv-users] Back-to-back recordings

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 01:33:16 UTC 2011

On 01/16/2011 03:15 PM, Stefan Enzinger wrote:
> On 01/17/2011 12:09 AM, Douglas Peale wrote:
>
>> I don't wish to avoid back to back recordings, with multi-rec and the
>> hard extra recording time it works fine.
> Could you please tell my where to find the settings for soft and hard
> extra recording?
>
> stefan
I can never find these settings in MythTV Front End. I just tried again and failed.

I can find them in MythWeb however.

In Mythweb/settings/mythtv

"DefaultEndOffset" and "DefaultStartOffset" are the default values of hard extra time for new recordings. You will have to edit
existing recordings individually to change these values.

"RecordPreRoll" and "RecordOverTime" are the soft extra time values.

For existing schedues, under mythweb/tv/schedules
"Start Early" and "End Late" are the hard extra time values.

I'm sure someone will tell you how to get these values in the front end.