[mythtv-users] Dish Network Channel Changing Script

Patrick Marconi patrick.marconi at live.com
Mon Jan 17 20:49:50 UTC 2011

Jim, I will give this a try I think the included "up channel" command may be the main trick to solve my problems, I'm not sure I will be very successful in changing the program guide download times though due to lack of my own time. I think I might go the opposite route set it at 4am and just not allow anything to be programmed for recording at that time - I wonder if there is a way to make that a rule that mythtv knows about ? BTW your other tips were good to know, the HD/non HD program guide issue hasn't been a problem so far because I have the sat box attached to myth in the basement and is only really used by me, but since I'm trying to make this more available to the rest of the family it could be an issue in the future.
Patrick