[mythtv-users] Requesting some sample kill a watt meter numbers

Joe Hickey jfwd at phlobus.net
Mon Jan 17 21:30:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> What is non-standard about the form factor?
>
> I would think that something like this would suit your needs:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104075
>
> I don't own your case so I can't guarantee a fit, of course.
>
> Eric

Thanks ... unfortunately it's a bit too deep -- the old PSU was 3.75"
deep, that one is 3.94".  The problem with this case is that there is
very little room between the PSU and the hard drives, so 0.19" --
seemingly minor -- is actually the difference between just barely
fitting and not fitting at all :-(.

All in all I've become disenchanted with the custom chassis - If I'm
going to spend money, I'd rather move in the direction of using parts
that are more mainstream for easier replacement.  That's why I'm
curious to find out what a miniITX board mated to an 80+ PSU draws at
the wall outlet.