[mythtv-users] HD-PVR audio sync issues

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Jan 18 02:44:14 UTC 2011

On 01/17/2011 07:33 PM, Michael Lynch wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:20 PM, mythtv at blandford.net
> <mythtv at blandford.net>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently made the transition from cable to dish network.
>>
>> I am running Fedora 14 with mythtv from rpmfusion 0.24-2.fc14.x86_64
>> packages.
>>
>> My backend has two HD-PVRs connecting to dishnetwork vip 211k receivers
>> using SPDIF.
>>
>> I am having bad audio sync issues.  I see it in two cases.
>>
>> 1) When changing channels the audio is off by about 2 seconds.  This can
>> some times be fixed by changing to a different channel and back, but not
>> always.
>> 2) Watching a show for 30 minutes will result in 2-3 second audio lag by the
>> end of the show.  Exiting and coming back into the channel fixes the issue.
>>
>> I see lots of posts from people who are using the HD-PVR, so I am guessing I
>> am missing some simple setup peice.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to eliminate the audio lag issues?
>>
>> Michael
>

> I too had the audio lag issues you described using a DN VIP 222k and
> resolved it with a script I found around here.  It goes through and
> changes the sound or video settings, then back and I haven't had any
> issues since I've started running this nightly.

Can you tell me what options this actually changes on your receiver?

Looking at mine and following the script, it is trying to change some
local tv scanning options and I am guessing that is not what it would be
doing on yours.

If you can tell me what it is really changing, I am sure I can adapt it.

Thanks,

Michael