[mythtv-users] vdpau accelerated mythcommflag and/or ffmpeg?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:04:42 UTC 2011

On 18 January 2011 00:23, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark, any idea what type of speed improvements this will provide for
> those that have newer multi-core processors (C2D, i# processors and
> such)?

At the moment, I really don't know. It's worth bearing in mind that
VDPAU doesn't necessarily decode frames that fast (I'm thinking H264
1080 material) - it's main purpose is to offload that decoding onto
the gpu. Hence it's entirely conceivable that using VDPAU for
commflagging will be slower on faster machines - especially after the
overhead of moving the frames back into main memory.

regards

Mark