[mythtv-users] Exporting recordings with its cutlist to mythvideo using mythvidexport.py

Paul pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:03:13 UTC 2011

First a little background. I am running mythbuntu 10.10 with the 0.24
PPA enabled (http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/0.24/ubuntu).
Running  mythfrontend.real --version results in:
MythTV Version   : 26882
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.23.20101017-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0

I have many recordings I would like to move from recordings to
mythvideo. Most were recorded using the 1212 and have cutlists defined
to cut out commercials etc. So I have been trying out
mythvidexport.py, using the --seektable and  --cutlist options,
recently to accomplish this. I am to the point where the script
executes and completes successfully, however the markup data is not
copied over to the filemarkup table. When I enable the all verbose
option, i can see the sql runs to pull the recordedmarkup and
recordedseek data, and query for existing filemarkup data. But, there
are no insert statements to associate that data with the new recording
now in mythvideo. There is a long pause at the end, as if it is doing
something, though i am not sure what.

An example command I am running is:
./mythvidexport.py --seekdata --cutlist --chanid 2687 --starttime
20080830120000 -v all

and I have put the last part of a log from the the execution of the
script at http://pastebin.com/Ex6yB3aL

Any help or ideas on how to get this working would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul