[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Tue Jan 18 12:32:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 01:13 -0500, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 1/17/11 10:42 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> > I made more than 30 dvds last year using the script from Auric site. The
> > whole thing worked OK (I believe I was using myth 0.22) most of the
> > time. The cases that failed were related mainly to the location of the
> > cuts. Without nothing to based on except trial and error, I tried to
> > avoid "black" frames.
>
> Good to know.
>
> But I just ended up hacking up mythburn.py to perform an addition round
> of mythtranscode to do a lossless cut of commercials after it transcodes
> the video to mpeg2.   (Pretty much what I had expected mytharchive to do
> in the first place)
>
> I used a tiny SD recording for testing, but it seems to work well.
>
> The main reason for this route is that I wanted to avoid any DVD
> creation method that required interaction beyond my remote control.
>

> -WD

I agree. Besides doing the cut using lossless transcoding should
increase the speed.
The script i used can be setup as job within myth therefore you can
still do it with the remote. The problem is that it fails once in a
while so it is safer to create another directory to send the processed
files and that is an step I do not like.

I will keep working and hope we can have mytharchive working as well as
it did with analog

-=terry=-