[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Wed Jan 19 13:10:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 01:13 -0500, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 1/17/11 10:42 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> > I made more than 30 dvds last year using the script from Auric site. The
> > whole thing worked OK (I believe I was using myth 0.22) most of the
> > time. The cases that failed were related mainly to the location of the
> > cuts. Without nothing to based on except trial and error, I tried to
> > avoid "black" frames.
>
> Good to know.
>
> But I just ended up hacking up mythburn.py to perform an addition round
> of mythtranscode to do a lossless cut of commercials after it transcodes
> the video to mpeg2.   (Pretty much what I had expected mytharchive to do
> in the first place)
>
> I used a tiny SD recording for testing, but it seems to work well.
>
> The main reason for this route is that I wanted to avoid any DVD
> creation method that required interaction beyond my remote control.
>

> -WD

Will,

I have been trying to retrace the whole process.
One of the steps I can not figure out is the following:

1. I make a nuv file without commercials

2. I start to make an iso using any of the theme menus (but autoplay)
and it finish saying that multiplex can not open temp.m2v. The whole
directory has full permissions. Looking at temp.m2v is 0 length.

**ERROR: [mplex] Unable to read from /mnt_tb/dvd/work/temp.m2v.
ERROR: Failed while running mplex - mplex -f 8 -v 0 -o
'/mnt_tb/dvd/work/temp.mpg' '/mnt_tb/dvd/work/temp.m2v'
'/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/music/menumusic2.ac3'

Have you seen anything similar?

-=terry