[mythtv-users] No audio with flash-player

Stephen Otto sotto at emsco.com
Wed Jan 19 15:40:59 UTC 2011

> My problem: with flash-player, although video is great, there's no
> audio
> at all! :(
>
> Both MythTV 0.24 and Firefox are affected; sound in every other
> (non-flash) application works just fine.
>
> I'm running Mythbuntu 9.10 (64 bit) and using ALSA; I don't have
> PulseAudio installed (I checked that out) but I strangely do have the
> following packages (because of VLC, I guess): libpulse0,
> vlc-plugin-pulse, libasound2-plugins.
>
> Sound is presently sent to the TV set by HDMI, but in the beginning HD
> audio was enabled on the MB; later, I disabled it in the BIOS as
> suggested here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ATI_Radeon_HDMI
>
> In alsamixer there's only iec958 (up & running).
>
> I followed the guide here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Tutorial in order to edit my
> asound.conf which just contains:
>
> ctl.!default {
>     type hw
>     card 0
> }

I had a similar problem and cured it by setting the default but mine has a
device line and looks like this:

pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 1
        device 8
}

What does this command show?
aplay -l

Also what is in the setting for Audio device:
Service Menu / Mythtv Configuaration / Music Tools / Music Settings /
General Settings