[mythtv-users] OTA/DTV tuner-card related questions, recommendations

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Jan 20 05:06:15 UTC 2011

Dear All:

I recently--in the wake of the realization that the cable package my apt.
building supplies does not get all public broadcasting stations I like to
watch--decided to drag out and experiment with the converter box I got
with my gov't rebate some months ago. The results were encouraging while I
had it hooked up to an old analog TV: I got pretty decent reception with
the old rabbit-ears antenna I was using, and it seemed most OTA stations
came in well most of the time. That got me thinking how I could get those
stations into my myth box (mythbuntu 10.04, P4 2.6, 1.75 GB RAM, PVR150
and BT878 capture cards).