[mythtv-users] Mytharchive and jpeg2yuv

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Jan 21 13:41:39 UTC 2011

On 21/01/11 12:26, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 10:14 +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
>> My experience with MythArchive is that it is reliable if it is given
>> clean recordings in mpeg2 format that don't require cutting.
>
> John,
>
> I agree with you but:
>
> 1. the problem I have is not related to mpg2 file tTe nuv file works
> very well.
>
> 2. A clean mpg2 files produced by pchdtv card from OTA allows cutting
> and also works very well.
>
> 3. the problem I have is "after" during the creation of the menu. I can
> have a perfect simple autoplay from a nuv file without any menus but if
> I add menu the problem comes.
>
> 4. I have not been able to do any more testing from mpg2 files from
> pchdtv because the card caput so now I only have the h264 mpg files
> created by the hd-pvr.
>
> -=terry=-

Yes: I was just trying to say what _does_ work.  Your log file shows a
problem in creating a menu from a .nuv file, and it may be that this is
of long standing and just one of the reasons why people have given up on
MythArchive.  I don't think I ever tried it.  You initially started with
a h264 recording that got transcoded to nuv and menu creation failed.
Later that nuv file would have to be converted to mpeg2 and then to vob.
  Probably I'm not using these terms accurately, but that seems to be
the sequence.  It looks as if the likelihood of getting script
modifications committed is low, so either you need to hack the script
yourself - I find it repetitive, contorted and obscure - or you need a
workaround.  I suspect that you could find a way of going h264 to mpeg2
direct, and that's probably the quickest option.  I think belcampo
suggested that earlier.

Good luck!

John P