[mythtv-users] locked into a multirec during LiveTV when a recording starts

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jan 21 16:07:59 UTC 2011

On 1/21/2011 10:37, Dave Richardson wrote:
> I have enabled multirec on my HDHRs.  Because I have scheduled more
> recordings, I find that I am having more conflicts between watching
> LiveTV and getting pinched into the multi-rec group when I attempt to
> change channels in LiveTV.

When you enter LiveTV, you choose the first available tuner.  If that
tuner is a virtual tuner tied to an in-use physical tuner, so be it.
Use the NEXTCARD keybinding, or the OSD menu option, to switch to a
completely free tuner, or a virtual tuner locked to a different multiplex.

Alternatively, there is an option to 'avoid conflicts with livetv',
which causes LiveTV to choose the last available tuner, with the
assumption that will be the least likely to already be locked to a
multiplex.