[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 20:30:33 UTC 2011

On 1/22/11 2:26 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 01:13 -0500, Will Dormann wrote:
>> But I just ended up hacking up mythburn.py to perform an addition
>> round
>> of mythtranscode to do a lossless cut of commercials after it
>> transcodes
>> the video to mpeg2.
>
> Will,
>
> can you post the hack.
> thxs.

Sure.   The patch is attached.

It is a hack, as it's virtually untested (beyond me burning a
commercial-free DVD).   It probably breaks burning content not from an
hd-pvr by cutting the recording with the cutlist twice.  Fixable, sure,
but I didn't intend this to be an official patch and I stopped editing
it when I saw it work.  :)

What it does is this:
- Run an additional iteration of runMythtranscode() to losslessly remove
commercials *after* the entire recording has been transcoded to mpeg2
- Obtains cutlist using mythcommflag manually
- Explicitly specifies the cutlist values to mythtranscode
(mythtranscode seems to not use cutlists when provided a file name
rather than recording parameters, even if the file name is the same)

-WD