[mythtv-users] editing theme ?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Jan 22 20:54:07 UTC 2011

On 01/22/2011 01:24 PM, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:

> As you see, with other theme it is easy to see where you are.
>
> With mythbuntu, it is almost impossible to see, where you are, because
> all lines are exact same colour ( at this example it looks like I'm
> navigating at action subfolder, but I'm at movies)
>
> This is surprisingy big problem, my wife is swears all time when she is
> confused.
>
> How can I edit theme to more easier to read?
>
> Thanks,
> -Kane
> I have tried to browse theme folder to find a way to change that color
> to more different between active and inactive row, but haven't find a
> way to do it.

If you look at /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Mythbuntu/base.xml and
..MythCenter/base.xml beside each other you will see that (at about line
136 in Mythbuntu/base.xml the font is named as 'basesmallgrey' and that
there is no <font>....</font> line in the
<state name="selectedinactive" from="active"> line at line 174

In MythCenter the similar section has buttontext in 'basesmall' at line
184, and the selectedinactive state has:

		<textarea name="buttontext">
                 </textarea>

commencing at line 223.

You might want to try some substitutions or even add a
'basesmall_normal_selected' font definition to Mythbuntu (from
MythCenter) and add a font line to the 'selectedactive' state section
making the selected text #FFFFFF.

Button backgrounds, such as the bright green shown in the MythCenter
image are normally set by the <fill color> attribute of the basewidget
shape if you want to play with attribute. This is especially nice for
'selectbar' shapes, which can be made distinct from the list shape in
which they appear. Note too, that you can change the font size to make
the selected title stand out even more.

Geoff