[mythtv-users] backend stops responding 2-3 times a day

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Jan 23 15:46:32 UTC 2011

On 23/01/2011 14:47, Alex Tomlins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having an issue where mythbackend will stop responding 2-3 times a
> day. When this happens the process is still running, and logging stuff,
> but none of the frontends can connect, mythweb stalls, and the mythvideo
> cronjobs all fail. Additionally any recordings fail. Restarting
> mythbackend always gets things back up and running again.

I had similar symptoms that turned out to be due to mysql struggling to
sort a huge "recordedmarkup" table. My problems were specific to H264
recordings, so I doubt if yours has the same cause, but worth a quick
check, perhaps. See if recordedmarkup is full of records with mark
14, 31 and 32.

Cheers,
	Paul.