[mythtv-users] hdhomerun vs. capture cards: is it even a contest?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Jan 24 22:20:49 UTC 2011

2011/1/24 James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org>:
> Whether or not I've understood properly the way these devices work, I'd be
> interested in hearing what other users see as the pro's and cons of the
> hdhomerun vs. capture cards.

You don't write anything about where in the world you live - if you
live in the EU, beware that Silicondust have discontinued the DVB-C/T
HDHomeRun tuner and is going to replace it with a DVB-T only version -
at least that's their current plans[1].

I've been very pleased with my old EU HDHomeRun, especially the fact
that the device doesn't need any kernel driver to work.

[1] http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50318#50318