[mythtv-users] 1 FE and 2 separate BE-FE

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 02:12:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 08:55 -0800, rawgarlic at gmail.com wrote:
> * They are happy with the status quo. They would prefer that I don't
>   change anything.

Hi;

Any solution you choose will change things in backends' database
(200+ rows in the settings table, for example.)

But, if you want moe's frontend to access the other stooges
backends /without/ making one of them a slave backend, I'm
sticking to my original reply.

Below is a script you could name startfrontend (or sfe), make
it executable and start it with: sfe curly or sfe larry.

For my 'real' MythTV system, I use the slave backend solution,
and almost never watch livetv, but that's another thread.

Good luck,

Bill

# Start the frontend using one of two backend configurations.

STOOGE=$1

if [ "$STOOGE" != "curly" -a "$STOOGE" != "larry" ]; then
    echo "Usage: $(basename $0) curly|larry, (invalid stooge: $STOOGE)"
    exit 1
fi

pgrep mythfrontend 2>&1 > /dev/null

if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "mythfrontend is already running"
    exit 1
else
    export MYTHCONFDIR=~/.mythtv-$STOOGE
    mythfrontend --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log &
fi