[mythtv-users] Issue with Gui freezing but recorded playback fine

Taan Lindemans tlindemans at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:58:50 UTC 2011

I am having a strange problem with my video card (Nvidia MX-4000 PCI
using nvidia driver) and mythtv.
It was working fine for months and then suddenly started misbehaving.
I am connected to a TV with composite out and all my recordings play fine.
However the gui itself freezes and hangs, and strange artefacts appear
on the screen (diagonal lines and colour bars).
My first thought was a faulty video card but when I connected it up to
a monitor and used the nv driver it was fine (nvidia driver caused
same issues).
The only clue in the X log is repeated lines GART initialized when the
gui seems to freeze. No errors in the mythbackend or frontend logs.
I have updated the nvidia driver but with no success.
Any clues??
Can there be a hardware problem if tv playback is fine?

thanks