[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu-diskless - can a client survive a server reboot?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Jan 25 22:38:08 UTC 2011

On 25 Jan 2011, at 22:18, Jim Stichnoth wrote:

> I have 3 diskless frontends running a mythbuntu-diskless environment.
> If I reboot the server, the frontends become pretty much unresponsive
> and have to be rebooted.  I tried modifying /etc/init.d/nbd-client to
> start nbd-client with the -persist option, but that doesn't seem to
> help.  The logs show a variety of "SQUASHFS error: ..." messages.  Has
> anyone gotten this to work?

I'm experimenting with a few variations on this too, looking for faster booting and more resilience. I haven't tried it yet but I'm thinking that a ram disk root like minimyth uses and with storage groups rather than any nfs mounts would be the way to go, once the client has booted the server can do what it likes.

I'll post back if I get time to try it.

Andre