[mythtv-users] ongoing mythtv migration problems: how can I view my recordings?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:43:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:47 AM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:
> On 01/25/2011 Mike wrote:
>>

>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F
>>
>> perhaps?
>
> Thanks for offering that link, Mike. Yes, that does give information that
> could resolve the problem. I actually did another search last night after
> posting to the list and found an old mythtv-users discussion that provided a
> similar hint about how to resolve the issue (can be seen at
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-November/158774.html ) and
> managed to get things working after following up on it. So, things are
> working pretty normally now on the newly-migrated system and I can access
> even all the old recordings now.
>
> With appreciation,
> James

James, I don't know why this is happening, or if you are aware of it,
but in gmail, everytime you post to the list (ie when replying to
another message) it starts a new thread (or conversation in
gmail-speak), although it doesn't seem to in the gossamer archives.

I don't know if there is anything you could or should change in your
email client, but if there is, it would be nice for us gmail users.