[mythtv-users] Lirc problems

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Wed Jan 26 06:14:53 UTC 2011

Long story short, I wanted to update to 0.24-fixes from 0.23. So I also
upgraded from Fedora 11 to 14.

Everything worked before.

My mceusb remote/receiver worked fine before. Now, when I press buttons
such as the right arrow,  multiple buttons are pressed making the remote
useless since I cannot select a recording from the recording list.

Here is where things get odd:
1) I am using a .lircrc file. Using this file results in repeats.
2) If i remove that file, some basic keys such as right arrow
(KEY_RIGHT) works and does not have the repeat issue. However, other
keys (KEY_OK) that I mapped do not work. Are there some built in native
'subset' that is used?
3) With the .lircrc, If I run irw at the same time as mythfrontend, it
seems to work. Once I exit irw, it returns to repeating. Initially when
I saw the repeats, I modified the 'gap' length param in my
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf
It almost seems like that param honored only when irw is running, but
not by native.

I'm stuck. I've got the same issue on both my frontends.