[mythtv-users] 5.1 wrong speaker problem

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Wed Jan 26 06:37:13 UTC 2011

Just upgraded to 0.24-fixes from 0.23. I have some recordings that are
in 5.1. If I recall, I think for me using 0.23, I only ever got stereo,
even on 5.1 material, so this 5.1 stuff is a new feature for me.

My frontend sound output is set to ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0 (its an ION)

When I playback a 5.1 program, the center channel seems to be going to
the REAR left. How can this happen?
Shouldn't the sound be sent unmolested directly to my audio receiver and
it would decodes it there?
These recordings were make using a HD-PVR ( w/ SPDIF )

I do have the boxes checked that says my system suppports dolby and dts.