[mythtv-users] [maybe OT][solved] timestamp overlay on nuv file

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:03:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

Just thought that I would post this for completion in the event
someone is asking the same question in the future and finds this
useful.

For now I've solved the overlaying time stamp problem using the
subtitle approach defined on the net in a few places. I basically
build a .srt file with timestamp info as required and then use
mencoder or the likes to overlay that on the video. This isn't my most
favourite approach but does it for now.

I also got some feedback from the gstreamer team. The timeoverlay
element source code currently starts at t=0 but they suggested that if
someone would write a property to give a user defined time line then
there would be value in pushing that upstream. This I think would be a
great approach. When I get a chance I hope to look into this (though
don't know when that will be).

Hope this helps.

Bye for now