[mythtv-users] Lirc problems

Brian Kirkman bkirkman at qwest.net
Wed Jan 26 14:01:59 UTC 2011

On 1/26/2011 12:14 AM, Ken Bass wrote:
> Long story short, I wanted to update to 0.24-fixes from 0.23. So I
> also upgraded from Fedora 11 to 14.
>
> Everything worked before.
>
> My mceusb remote/receiver worked fine before. Now, when I press
> buttons such as the right arrow,  multiple buttons are pressed making
> the remote useless since I cannot select a recording from the
> recording list.
>
> Here is where things get odd:
> 1) I am using a .lircrc file. Using this file results in repeats.
> 2) If i remove that file, some basic keys such as right arrow
> (KEY_RIGHT) works and does not have the repeat issue. However, other
> keys (KEY_OK) that I mapped do not work. Are there some built in
> native 'subset' that is used?
> 3) With the .lircrc, If I run irw at the same time as mythfrontend, it
> seems to work. Once I exit irw, it returns to repeating. Initially
> when I saw the repeats, I modified the 'gap' length param in my
> /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
> It almost seems like that param honored only when irw is running, but
> not by native.
>
> I'm stuck. I've got the same issue on both my frontends.

Ken,
It sounds like the remote signal is also being processed by evdev.  Try
the following command the block evdev.

echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

If that is successful, place it in the /etc/init.d/lirc startup script
near the end of the start() function.  I had the same issue and was
relieved to find this solution in the following thread.  Make sure to
put everything back into place like it's always been, such as .lircrc, etc.

Good luck!