[mythtv-users] Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 27 10:30:02 UTC 2011

Hi Richard

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately I read the wiki you referenced and perhaps I am a nob but I
think it has a lot of detail but is very difficult to understand and
interpret.  I think it is very poorly written.
For example it says "A Storage Group is simply a mapping between a
user-friendly name ("Default", "Movies", "Archive," ...) and a list of
directory paths" however it say little about the exact syntax you need to
use to include a location.  Myth is very syntax sensitive however the
documentation is lacking in exact syntax examples.  They should provide a
simple browse to folder interface but they do not want it to be user
friendly.  I do not want specific storage groups for specific recordings
just to add another location to my default group and do you think the wiki
would give you just 1 example of the syntax I need to enter?

I have a second partition which appears in the file system as
"/media/Store/Recordings"

How do I add this location to the default storage group?  What is the exact
text string I have to add as I have read the instructions and without an
example I simply cannot get it to work?

Many Thanks

Anthony