[mythtv-users] Segfault when try to run mythfrontend a second time

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu Jan 27 10:54:17 UTC 2011

Up until a few days ago, I could run mythfrontend twice (simultaneously)
on my combined BE/FE system. This was occasionally useful as I could
keep a program playing in the background, while I did some housekeeping
like scheduling something new to record.

Now, the second time I try to run mythfrontend, it will segmentation
fault after it produces a few lines of text in the terminal and before
it brings up any window. It does this whether the first mythfrontend is
actually playing a program, or just sitting in the menu.

I use Ubuntu 10.10 and keep up to date with mythbuntu 0.24 autobuilds,
and the problem started a few days ago. I don't know if the trigger was
a MythTV update, or a regular Ubuntu update.

I was just wondering if anyone else sees the same problem, and if so,
did it start just recently?

Cheers,

John

--