[mythtv-users] Poll: Where are most people on the list based.....

Stephen Otto sotto at emsco.com
Fri Jan 28 00:32:56 UTC 2011

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Stephen Otto <sotto at emsco.com> wrote:
> > Maybe the ladies should use a pink balloon on the map :-)
>
> On a list that is heavily male dominated, I think the last thing we
> would want would be anything that singles out non-males.  I know that
> was meant in jest, but I don't think it's very welcoming.
>
> Eric

While I certainly apologize to anyone who felt slighted by this, I do think
you  are being more than a little over sensitive. I am not sure why you
would think that a female with an interest in Myth would feel embarrassed by
her sex. Indeed this whole thread is based on users identifying something
personnel about themselves (their location and probably their country of
citizenship) and shows as well, the diversity of the group. I believe that
is why this thread is so popular and seeing the number (and countries) of
female users I would find equally interesting.