[mythtv-users] Sound not working properly in MythTV 0.24

Grizbox grizbox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:38:02 UTC 2011

Hi,  I have several video files that do not have proper sound when
played with Mythtv 0.24.  These files worked fine under Mythtv 0.23.
Nothing else has changed in my setup except for the upgrade to Mythtv
0.24.  In trying to troubleshoot this I have played with every setting
possible under Setup->General->audio but I can't make the sound work.  I
even tried to remove all my audio related settings from the mythconverg
database and using the "Scan for AUDIO devices", which didn't help.
Below is a general overview of the problems: (All files have mp3 audio
tracks according to mediainfo)

1) Any file with mono (1 channel) sound, no sound is output. All items
below are with 2 channel sound.

2) with UpMix Off, only 44.1 and 48 khz will play fine, 22.05 khz no sound.

3) with UpMix Off and Force 48 khz on, only 48 khz will play fine, 44.1
and 22.05 khz no sound.

4) with UpMix on, only 48 khz play fine, 44.1 and 22.05 have choppy audio.

5) with UpMix on and Force 48 khz on, all play fine.

I presume I only want to use UpMix.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.