[mythtv-users] future of the appletv (1g) frontend

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 05:17:46 UTC 2011

I have a first-gen appletv frontend (0.23, Mythbuntu 10.04) that I
have been quite happy with.  I can watch SD and HD content recorded
from the HDHR smoothly using XvMC.  However, with XvMC disappearing
from 0.24-fixes, I am wondering what the future of this FE is as I
would like to upgrade my backend and other FE's to 0.24.  There is the
option of installing a Crystal HD card, but I haven't been able to
find any reports of success using that hardware with mythtv (e.g.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Broadcom_Crystal_HD).

Wondering what other appletv FE users are doing?