[mythtv-users] Crashing mythTV

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Sun Jan 30 20:04:32 UTC 2011

Hi All,

My mythTV system has developed a habit of crashing while navigating
through the menus.  It goes from its normal display to a blank, light
blue screen, and shortly thereafter the CPU fan activates, indicating
that the processor is being asked to do a lot of processing.

As far as I can tell, the only way to get it out of this mode is to
press the reset button on the front of the PC and let it reboot.

Can anyone give me any guidance as to how to diagnose and fix this
issue?

Thanks

Jeff