[mythtv-users] BD ISOs

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:21:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Steve Harrington <
steve at the-harringtons.org> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I did some Googling on this and I found this thread:
> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=37015&highlight=blu-ray+iso&page=6
>
> that seems to suggest the libbluray can now parse ISOs.  If this is
> true, would that mean that a future version of MythTV would also have
> this ability?

No.  Libbluray still has (and likely will not have) the ability to open
ISOs.  Myth's copy of blu-ray is kept up to date with the current upstream
version at all times.

XBMC likely uses libudf to open the file structure and present a virtual
mounted filesystem to libbluray.

Patches for this would be welcome and appreciated, too.

Robert