[mythtv-users] Wake from suspend with ATI Remote Wonder

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 23:27:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Below is a question that I orignally posted to the ubuntuforms and never
received any responses. Given the recent posts about the ATI remote wonder on
this list, I thought I might try asking here.

"I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck using an ATI Remote Wonder to
wake up their machine from a suspended state? There are some great instructions
for the MCE Remote that I have followed up until I get to the point where I have
to "enable sysfs based wakeup on Remote Control device"

When I try to run the command:
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1/power/wakeup

it fails with an invalid argument error.

I did notice that both /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/power/wakeup
and /sys/bus/devices/usb2/power/wakeup are both enabled, and I can disable and
reenable them easily enough. So, I assume its a problem with the ATI Remote
Wonder? Is there some special reason why the MCE Remote would work but the ATI
Remote would not? Is there something else special I need to do to get the ATI
Remote to work?

Im running 2.6.32-32-generic, if that has any bearing on the issue.  Im pretty
close to ditching the remote altogether so that can configure power management
on my front end"

Thanks in advance!
Jonas